Thursday, June 3, 2010

The Great Expectation: Why We Make Mistakes: How We Look Without Seeing, Forget Things in Seconds, and Are All Pretty Sure We Are Way Above Average.




Why We Make Mistakes: How We Look Without Seeing, Forget Things in Seconds, and Are All Pretty Sure We Are Way Above Average.

When this book was suggested to me, I wondered if the suggestor was trying to tell me something. Do I make a lot of mistakes or something? Judging by its cover (I know, I know, I shouldn’t do that), the author does not seem to take the subject matter too seriously, which means this will be a fun summer read.

I am looking forward to this book, although I tend to be a bit more critical of non-fiction books that claim to be scientifically based. By the way, three errors were found in this post when I spell-checked it; the person who suggested this might be on to something.

2 comments:

  1. Hi,
    I LOVE your blog!!!! I see you also read Cake Wrecks. So do I!!!! I have quite a few recommendations for books but I would like to know what style of books you like to read and which ones you don't..?
    Many Thanks,
    The Tiny Ninjas
    P.S. Even though I am called 'The Tiny Ninjas' I am only one person!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment, Tiny!
    There is no real criteria for what people can request, that is the fun part. I think that it is always fun if someone suggests something that is either esoteric so it seems like a hidden gem, or extremely popular, because it is fun to read something to find out why people enjoy it so much (or in some cases, never find out!). We do recommend narrowing it down to one or two so that we can fulfill everyone's requests.
    I look forward to your suggestions!
    --Sunny

    ReplyDelete